As of August 2019, the following have occurred within the FIPAT (http://ifaa.net/committees/anatomical-terminology-fipat/):
- Terminologia Anatomica 2nd edition was approved and is now published online (https://fipat.library.dal.ca/TA2/ )
- Per referendum, the use of Regular Anatomical Terms (RAT) is now approved.
- All working groups have been overhauled to include new leaders and members as approved by the IFAA Executive. Each group now has ten members from a wider group of diverse geographical locations.
- Each working group of the FIPAT is meeting and working on updating their terminologies.
- A new working group has been created for Oral Anatomy terminology.
- In a collaboration with the Open Anatomy Project at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, the TA2 viewer is now available (https://ta2viewer.openanatomy.org). This tool allows for detailed searches within Terminologia Anatomica 2nd edition and includes the ability for external searches using Google, PubMed and Radiopaedia. In addition, the viewer is linked to several cross references such as the Foundation Model of Anatomy (FMA) ontology (http://si.washington.edu/projects/fma ).
- A symposium is being planned for the next IFAA meeting in the Republic of South Korea which will highlight updates that have occurred within the FIPAT.