The FIPAE goals for 2021-2022 are:
- Prioritise activities for 2022
- Finalise program of IFAA 2022
- Further develop FIPAE webpage and a tool for collaboration
- Develop survey to Anatomy Program Directors
The following deliverables were achieved since the last report:
- Anatomy Festival from 15 October to 15 December 2021
The festival comprised an Opening Symposium on World Anatomy Day, 15 October 2021 and Closing Symposia on 15 December 2021. The symposia recordings are accessible at http://ifaa.net/anatomyconnex/
- Anatomy Connex, the FIPAE portal for sharing symposia presentations, innovation, scholarship, and discussion on topical anatomy education matters was launched (http://ifaa.net/anatomyconnex/)
- Together with FICSAP, disseminated a survey to determine the needs of anatomists. The survey results are being analysed to identify the areas of focus for the FIPAE sub-committees.
- FIPAE contributions to the IFAA 2022 program include two symposia (Anatomy Visualised and Anatomy and Sexism) as well as one workshop on Active learning in anatomical sciences education: Emerging from the pandemic
The main challenge over the last year was considerable pressure on academics due to the pandemic. Despite these, three planning meetings took place in 2022.
The following goals will be the focus the remainder of 2022:
- Increase engagement and collaboration with subcommittees
- Continued development of the FIPAE Anatomy Connex portal and discussion platform
- Following evaluation of the FICSAP/FIPAE 2021 survey, design and implement a qualitative investigation on impact of pandemic on anatomy education (opportunities and challenges), and a program of initiatives for the sub-committees.
Professor Nalini Pather
FIPAE Chair 21 July 2022