Federative International Committee for Supranational Anatomical Projects (FICSAP)
Chairman: Prof. Oladapo Adenrele Ashiru, Nigeria
Secretary: Dr. Kevin Ongeti, Nairobi
Assist. Secretary: Ass. Prof Abraham Osunubi, Nigeria
Prof Beverley Kramer: South Africa Resource Professor
Prof Patrick Igbigbi: West African Coordinator
Prof David Brynmor Thomas: Europe Resource Professor
Prof Drake Richard: USA Resource Professor
Prof Sam Asala: Nigeria Coordinator
Prof Aaron Lawson: Ghana Resource Professor
Dr. Apollonius Allen: Europe Dental Anatomy
Prof Okanlawon Abayomi: Lagos Coordinator
Dr Linus Chia Saalu
Mrs Rose Ogeyi Ogbeche
The overall objective of the Federation International Committee for Supranational Anatomical Projects (FICSAP) is to identify the geographical regional associations that require manpower development and training in the field of Anatomy, providing assistance to such associations. FICSAP will also through this process expand its membership and activities in these regions.
- Identify associations/medical institutions requiring help in the training of anatomists at postgraduate level.
- Identify anatomical resources and strengths at National and International level necessary to facilitate the training of human capital in anatomy education.
- a Strategic reinforcement/development of research centers in the different specialties across different institutions in Africa, Middle East and South America.
- Facilitate cooperative exchange of staff and students in a bilateral or multilateral collaboration.
- In collaboration with IFAA President act as an exchange coordinator for staff and student exchange
- Act as the bank for research resource necessary for staff development.
- In collaboration with IFAA President help in identifying source of funding to actualize the strategic development of human capital and research in anatomy for health care delivery.
- Define the minimum standards for anatomical education for health professionals in countries that may require such.
- Act as resource center for external examiners for undergraduate and post graduate examination nationally and internationally to facilitate execution of international standards in anatomy education.
- Act as resource staff in the development of Anatomy Curriculum for Deans of Medical Schools and for Government and private individuals who are starting new medical schools.
- Visitation to associations/medical schools that may require pre-accreditation advice in their Anatomy program.
Strategic Development of Anatomical manpower for health care delivery and Research, and strategic increase of the membership of IFAA.